Skills women must possess/learn

    The world celebrates International women’s day on 8 March every year. While reading the wishes of being powerful, empowered and extraordinary, it occurred to me that there are a lot of things which want to go back and tell me younger self. Those qualities which will help me become that truly empowered woman that I am being told I am.

A woman plays many roles throughout her living. From a daughter to mother to wife, but she overlooks the most significant responsibility- to be a woman, to be herself. After breathing for about four decades, being married in a typical Indian household, I have the awareness of all that I neglected. Although I cannot take a trip back in time, but certainly, it’s never too late to make appropriate rectification for the future. Besides, I can share my experience with all the girls.

So here are a few skills which each woman/ girl must, undeniably, learn or develop or, at least, never ignore.

            Become skilled at money matters

       Most  females leave the management of finances, banking tasks and investment- saving decisions to the male members of the family. 

      It is extremely important for women to know about their money and take all decisions related with it.

             

                                          Keep in touch with your hobbies and passion:

       Though finding time for your hobbies becomes difficult owing to hectic to-do list, however following your passion makes you contented. 

         It helps you forget the stress and live in the moment. It is something you call your own.



      Learn to communicate your feelings:

          It is particularly essential for women to be proficient in sharing their feelings precisely to the concerned person. Assuming they will understand or keeping quiet waiting for it to pass is no way out.


  Value your “me” time:

    The “me” time is taken for granted by us women while we get relaxation in being with family, holiday with them and so on. Nevertheless being on your own for a while connects you with your thoughts as well as your true self. Hence a “me” time, even if it is just a cup of coffee, or a walk in the park, must be cherished.

       Don’t forget your friends


        Being connected with the friends you had while growing up, school, college, and
neighborhood will make you feel youthful. It will take you back in time when you were carefree and stress-free. Spending some time with them will keep that sensation alive.

    

      Don’t stereotype yourself:

       


we have the tendency to consider ourselves fit for one responsibility and continue doing it. For example- I am a home maker and I never considered exploring other options. But after some time, it began to upset me that my ability is not getting exposure which affected my mental health and obviously that of family. Thus we must be prepared to explore alternatives and follow our dreams, regardless of age.


        Love yourself

       we must love ourselves unconditionally. Being grateful for all the good things in life attracts
abundance. Be true to yourself, accept who you are, be comfortable in your skin, and don’t get affected by people’s opinion of you. Don’t be harsh to yourself; don’t call yourself loser, or weak. Fight for your rights. You are awesome, you are beautiful, you are courageous.. Learn this by heart!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides of a coin

ONLINE FRIENDSHIP

RELATIONSHIP WITH SIBLINGS